Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Saturday 4 August 2012

Bolt fit and ready, Asafa taking it easy

 
JAMAICA"S male sprinters Asafa Powell and defending Olympic champion Usain Bolt say they are ready to compete in tomorrow's semi-finals of the blue riband 100 metres event.
"I expected it, I'm running well, I'm happy, training is great. reaction was good," Bolt said, "I'm looking forward to the semi-finals tomorrow."
Bolt stumbled a bit at the start of his heat but didn't pay too much attention to the slight hiccup.
"I made a bad step. I stumbled a bit. I'm glad it happened now," he said.
Powell quashed any doubts about his preparedness for the men's 100m at the London Olympics.
The former world record-holder said his race was "good"; and that he "just wanted to get the cobwebs out. I took it easy today."
The sprinter also said he was not worried about almost running out of his lane saying "It's the 100m, it's a straight race and we can drift a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment