Monday, 12 December 2011

Ganja kills Jamaican in Trinidad

A post-mortem done on a Jamaican man who recently arrived and died in Trinidad has concluded that he was killed by marijuana he had swallowed, which ruptured in his stomach.

He has been identified as Glenmore Dufus.

It is reported that Dufus swallowed one kilogram of the weed, which is just over two pounds.

According to The Trinidad Express, Dufus was at a friend's house in San Juan and complained of feeling unwell, but refused medical attention, only to be later found dead.

THE STAR understands that Dufus arrived in Trinidad on November 25, and was staying in San Juan.

His family was contacted and they flew down shortly after his death.

It is reported that the body was taken to the Forensic Science Centre and a post- mortem done last week concluded that one kilo of Jamaican skunk marijuana had ruptured causing acute marijuana poisoning.

THE STAR understands that the Jamaican skunk strain of marijuana is known as one of the more potent strains, with a higher-than-average concentration of the active agent tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.

It is reported that for this reason, it's also much more expensive than regular marijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment