Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Thursday 26 July 2012

Bolt: I'm not going to think about losing


LONDON, UK (AP) — Usain Bolt fessed up. It was his back
The Olympic champion said today a bad back has been causing him hamstring problems, leading to a pair of losses to training partner Yohan Blake at the Jamaican trials.
"It was a slight problem. I got that fixed and I'm ready to go," Bolt said in his first formal media appearance of the London Games, where he was given the honour of carrying his country's flag at tomorrow's opening ceremony.
Bolt lost to Blake twice at the recent Jamaican trials in both the 100 and his favoured 200 meters. The setbacks fuelled speculation that he was injured but haven't dampened expectation that he will retain his 100 and 200 gold medals.
"My fitness (at the trials) was all right, I guess, but I wasn't at the best," Bolt said. "I can't complain. It was all right. It's always a wake up call to get beaten. For me it's all about getting it right on the day. I'm all right (now)."
At the Olympic Stadium, Bolt likely faces his biggest test in years against Blake.
"I wouldn't say I'm under pressure," Bolt said. "I'm just focused on winning. I don't think it'll be the end of the world (if I don't win), but I'm not going to think about losing at any point in time.
"I know what it takes to be a champion. All I can do is focus and get it done."
Bolt also dismissed talk that he had been training away from TV cameras and reporters at the Jamaican team camp in central England because he is injured. Jamaica's 4x100 relay team also is the current Olympic champion.
"I'm always ready," he said. "It's all about the championship. It's never about the trials, everyone knows that. My coach doesn't like the cameras. He likes to keep me away from the cameras."
Bolt was scheduled to appear alongside Blake and other athletes at the event in the heart of east London, but travel problems held some of them up, the Jamaica Olympic Association said


No comments:

Post a Comment