Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Friday 20 July 2012

No Doubt settles down reggae


SKA/punk band No Doubt has released the reggae song Settle Down which is the first offering from their forthcoming album, Push and Shove.
Settle Down was produced by Spike Stent and co-written by group members Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal.
No Doubt
 1/3 

This is not the first time that No Doubt has done reggae. The group's 2001 album, Rocksteady, contained collaborations with dancehall artistes Bounty Killer (Hey Baby) and Lady Saw (Underneath it All).
Musicians Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare also worked on that album.
Push and Shove is scheduled for a September release.
George Nooks covers the Bee Gees
Singer George Nooks has put his spin on another classic, updating the Bee Gees' In the Morning. The track was produced by New York-based D Phil Productions.
"I've always enjoyed doing covers of classics and the Bees Gees just happen to be a favourite of mine," Nooks told this column.
One of Nooks' biggest hit songs is his cover of soul singer Al Green's God is Standing By.
Nooks' release is part of a rhythm project from Phillip 'Fatta' Thompson titled In the Morning which also features songs from Luciano, the Uprising band and Sluggy Ranks.
With over two decades in the music business as an engineer and producer, Thompson recently launched D Phil Productions.
Among its upcoming releases are songs from lovers rock/roots-reggae greats Dennis Brown and Sugar Minott.
Kashu releases The System
Clarendon singjay Kashu recently released the six-track EP, The System, on ITunes.
It was produced by Ryan Singh of Moby's Records and features the title track. Other songs on The System are Size Nuh Matter, Campaign to Champagne, Mi Amor and Somebody's Child.
The artiste says there are plans to release a full album.
"The EP is getting a good response, the fans really love it, and we are doing everything to push it out there to the world so that it can help to further establish my name," Kashu said.
He is scheduled to perform on July 27 in Los Angeles, California at the Imperial Ballroom.
Israel Yadalfi hunts the big break with Mr Myrie
Singjay Anthony Campbell, better known as Israel Yadalfi, is pushing his latest song Mr Myrie, a tribute to imprisoned dancehall star Buju Banton.
"He is one of the artistes I really look up to, and he's truly one of the great artistes of these times. I was following his case through media and when he was sentenced it really hurt me, so I wrote Mr Myrie to express the love I have for him as an artiste because he has been a big influence on my career," said Yadalfi.
The Clarendon-born Yadalfi says he has always had an interest in music but he got involved seriously through encouragement from dub poet Jessie Jendau who is his uncle.
"I got deeply interested in music and being around Uncle Jessie and his friends, naturally my interest increased rapidly," he explained. "I really loved the vibes when I watched them performing on events and you know Uncle Jessie always shout Israel during his act. When I began to write and perform my music, his friends began calling me Israel and I made up the Yadalfi part and it became my stage name."


No comments:

Post a Comment